gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] [Help-gnucap] Help adapting POLY H source

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] [Help-gnucap] Help adapting POLY H source
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 08:23:14 +0100

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:13:28PM -0400, al davis wrote:
> The problem .....  POLY(1) , POLY(2), and POLY(3) are really
> completely different devices, in spite of all being chosen by
> the letter H.  You can't turn one into another with a bm_ alone.

true.

the problem i encountered was that parsing H (and others) from spice
gives me an ELEMENT. as i can not change spice, i changed ELEMENT --
hence the (unfortunate) dependency on gnucap-uf.

> Felix mentioned gnucap-adms and some bm plugins in gnucap-uf.
> Unfortunately, they are incomplete works in progress that don't
> yet really work as intended.

gnucap-adms is incomplete, but it gives you a working multiplier, see
tests/mul.va. better than nothing for all applications that need a
multiplier.

cheers
felix