gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] [Bug-gnucap] gnucap fails at start due to " ^ ? ..

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] [Bug-gnucap] gnucap fails at start due to " ^ ? ..
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 20:28:38 +0200

On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 01:57:03PM -0400, al davis wrote:
> Then, really, everything in gnucap-default-plugins is optional.

sure. what i mean is: let's lift this to user-level...

> Perhaps.  It needs to be done plain first.

there are too many ways. which one?

0)
$ ./configure
$ $EDITOR my_gnucap_today
$ make install SELECT=my_gnucap_today

1)
select what goes into default-plugins at configure time? install the
rest as single modules? (similar to what linux does, except linux
links in "default plugins"). use configure for the selection.

or

2)
same, but make menuconfig or something like that.

or

3)
split up everything into single modules, install them all.  select which
to default load at configure time. runtime override (environment or
existing startup file...)

and what granularity?

a) per-directory opt/spice opt/readline opt/fancyload opt/whatnot

b) per-file

0+b is similar to what we have. i think i'd prefer 1+a.

cheers
felix

PS: somehow reminds me of the gnucap-mk branch. thanks for merging
gnucap-conf btw.