gnucap-devel

Re: cmake-4 branch on Cygwin

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: cmake-4 branch on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 23:58:23 +0200

Hi Patrick

thanks for trying.

cmake-4 reads lib/Make1, instead of the outdated file lists. other than
that, it should be identical to cmake-3, rebased to develop.

> [..]
> apps/CMakeFiles/gnucap-default-plugins.dir/d_bjt.cc.obj
> apps/CMakeFiles/gnucap-default-plugins.dir/d_diode.cc.obj  -lkernel32
> -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid
> -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 && cd ."

here, -lgnucap is missing. this is an issue with non-POSIX. same
TODO as in [1]. But the workaround does not work with cmake afaiu.

> Maybe it can help others - (I had cmake-3 branch working with cygwin
> last year, but maybe there are better options... )

I don't know how cmake-3 did the linking against libgnucap on cygwin (or
if it was required). Does cmake-3 work on your current system?

NB: the cmake files are incomplete, and instructions are missing. it
should be done similar to [2].

cheers
felix

[1]