gnucap-devel

scope and CARD_LIST:_card_list

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: scope and CARD_LIST:_card_list
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 10:02:02 +0100

Hi Al.

I have pushed a patch to s__solve.cc. It replaces the hardwired
CARD_LIST::_card_list by SIM::_scope. Reading the simulation commands,
this looks like a leftover to me: SIM::_scope is initialised
accordingly in the respective do_it functions. Now simulations work
outside the root circuit. Can you confirm that this is correct and
intended?

I also have issues with DEV_DOT. Symptoms are that commands like "get"
wont work properly if scope != CARD_LIST::_card_list. This is because
the owner is lost in command elaboration. Not sure what a good solution
is, maybe a d_dot plugin? There are a couple of bugs annotated in that
code, and I can't see what the plan is...

thanks
felix