[Gnumed-devel] Fw: Changes

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Fw: Changes
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:12:45 +1000

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:02:46 +1000
From: Ian Haywood <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Changes

Richard,

I have got the client to swap between different views: allergies,
prescriptions, etc.

I have made some fairly substantial changes, (so make sure you don't overwrite
what you have!)

in particular I have made everything a 'plugin'. (I think is is what Horst
intended from the start.)
Look in terry/gui for examples. Plugins are fully independent, including adding
their own menu and toolbar entries. Eventually, users will be able to select
which modules to load. The advantage is that if a user deselects, say,  the SQL
shell (as most will), it vanishes completely, including icons.

To add new ones, create a new file in gui/, it must have a class that descends
from gmPlugin.wxBasePlugin, which itself must have the same name as the file
(otherwise the loader can't find the class). Then add the file to the list in
gmGP_GuiMain (about line 148)

Ian

P.S. I have also committed this set of files to gnumed/test-area/terry in CVS,
if anyone else is keen to have a look.