Re: [Gnumed-devel] Extended proposal concerning normcurves

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Extended proposal concerning normcurves
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:21:02 +0200

> have to volunteer to help you. I've noted there seems to be a good graphicing
> tool in the wxPython demo.py  you could look at if you've not already seen it.
One thing to note: the graphing and the computation itself
should be kept clearly separate such that the backend engine
lends itself to reuse (say, in Res Medicinae). The other
thing: Due to several concerns it may be necessary to
separate out even the chart generation via some library such
that a graph is calculated externally and subsequently
displayed in GNUmed.

> I'll check out your web reference. BTW despite much effort on the backend and
> currently by Ian and I on the GUI , there is not much in the way of database
> table structure,
I'd like to note that what is there has gone through quite
some thought. We do have fairly adequate demographics tables
which is the main non-specific part that the "normcures"
module would rely on (apart from storage of actual
measurements).

Perhaps we will have to look at GEHR/OpenEHR again to take
home some lessons learned for proper storage of measured data.
 http://www.openehr.org