Re: [Gnumed-devel] CVS

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] CVS
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:14:47 +0200

> Ian and I will work on that shortly and remove the hard coding. I'm going to
> have to learn some real python now to be able to code the internals! I think
> the mims people will let us have a single drug for a demo as per previous
> conversations with them. If so we can upload a basic mimsannual to the cvs.
> I'll ring up again this week.
I think the plugin should really be named MIMS_Browser or
something since this is really one of the country specific
things. If I get to it I will code an equivalent browser for
the German AMIS database. I have all the data I just need to
code the interface. _That_ would be another possible "market
penetration tool" here in Germany :-)  (along the lines of
actual usefulness as per Ian's joke/comment).

I also have confirmed rumours that in Austria pharmacies are
providing this type of data to doctors (real data, not wrapped
in proprietary access interfaces).

Have to be off to work now...