Re: [Gnumed-devel] Continuing the trek

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Continuing the trek
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 02:53:09 +0200

> Anyway, here is the result, thanks for the help.
Sure, how can I expect to help us if I don't help you.

> I think part of the problem is that python can not
> find the modules, i think i have to tell python where
> to look.
Nope. This certainly is NOT the problem for this particular
error.

The error message you are getting is quite clear: upon
importing the function wxBitmapFromXPMData the importer
complains that this function could not be found in the module
wxPython.wx. Your snippet below "proves" that the importer DOES
find the module wxPython.wx itself. This taken together can
only mean that whatever is imported as wxPython.wx does not
contain the requested function.

Therefore we are facing a version problem.

Any other explanations are heartily welcomed. I may be wrong
after all.