Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: More ignorant questions ?sgml

From: Gerardo Arnaez
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: More ignorant questions ?sgml
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:05:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- David Guest <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks Karsten
>
> I am bit like Richard, however, and wondered if
> there was a simple
> native DocBook reader or do we have to generate, say
> HTML, first?

The things about SGML is that it is write once, format
many times in many different ways.
I've been talking the tldp.org to help get it so I can
get some nice html formats for you guys to look at and
comment on. but to answer your question. yes to make
it more readable you should translate SGML to html.
Let me know if you want to know how to do this?

> David
>

> On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 22:30, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > > How does view that file.
> > SGML stands for Standard(ized ?) General(ized ?)
> Markup Language and
> > is a superset of (for example) HTML or XML. The
> source looks
> > rather similar to HTML or XML. You can view it
> with any text
> > editor but you will be faced with reams of tags
> sprinkled
> > throughout.
> >
> > Usually a suite of tools (such as DocBook) is used
> to generate
> > formats better suited for actual viewing such as
> HTML, PS,
> > PDF, RTF or ASCII.
> >
> > > I tried clicking on it but linux asked me what
> > > program to use.
> > Wow, a nice Linux you have.
> >
> > Karsten
> > --
> > GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
> > E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

> --
> David Guest
> GPG key ID BE79B742 @ pgp.mit.edu
> Fingerprint: 2609 DB95 C040 5902 BA0C  4D3C F1F2
> EA62 BE79 B742

name=signature.asc