[Gnumed-devel] Re: talkback

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: talkback
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:27:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Hilmar Berger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just noted that talkback uses its own smtp methods. This could make
> problems if a firewall is used. Wouldn't it be better to send the mail via
> the normal mail agent (sendmail in unix, ??? in windows) ? Usually the
> connection to the regurlarly used mail account should work without
> problems.
*wearing a brown paper bag * I use the mail adress translation feature of
sendmail to send my regular mail to my ISP. Since 'Gnumed Client' is not a
known user, it wont be translated to an valid mail adress and sendmail
will do a mail host lookup for 'Gnumed
address@hidden' - which ends up using some strange
mail host, which of course does not accept relaying mail to
address@hidden

My fault, will have to change my sendmail configuration.
But might be a good idea to include in the user manual.

Hilmar