Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of gnumed?

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of gnumed?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:47:29 +1000

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 04:14 am, David Cameron wrote:

> I'm a little unclear though as to how far along the development really is.
> I realize switching from a monolithic database to several distributed
> services probably set the project back quite a bit. But looking around the
> latest CVS version of the client code, it doesn't seem like the client
> communicates to the server at all. Is this accurate?

Prior versions did communicate with the backend. Then we revamped the GUI,
which was mainly done by Richard in a hhuge one man effort - and as he had no
previous experience with Python, he simply left all the backend related stuff
out. I was supposed to fix that, but had no time since I just bought a
practice, which resulted in too much unexpected work for me (with now 7 new
employees). But I am getting there.

The only part that still uses the backend, is the appointment calendar. It can
be used as example how to do it.

> As well, looking around the server/ directory only revealed some sql to set
> up the database. Has coding begun on the services broker or any of the
> service providers? What language were these intended to be written in?

Yes. Re service broker have a look at gmPG.py. Written in Python, of course
;-)

> gnumed seems like a very good project, but it looks like it's a long way
> from going live.

That's right

Horst