Re: [Gnumed-devel] Main Toolbar design

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Main Toolbar design
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 04:02:41 -0400

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 08:29:31PM +0200, Hilmar Berger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'am just trying to write down all the data and functions which should be
> implemented by the various modules of GnuMed. Starting with the Main Tool
> Bar, there are some points I don't understand.
>
> 1. If notebook pages other than 'patient' are selected, many patient
> related informations keep being displayed (patient photo, allergies, age,
> ). The widget to search patients and the icons of clearly patient related
> tools (BMI, pregnancy calculator) aren't removed, too. IMHO the small
> number and type of information presented wont be very helpful while
> working in other modules. To see detailed information, one will have to
> change to the 'patient' page, anyway.  IMHO patient related tools should
> only be displayed in the patient context.
Richard felt that BMI calculator, &c, should aways be availabl,
whatever window you where in.
Patient search should also be available: the user is moved back to the
Patients window when they click on this.

Separate buttons for 'show family' and 'next on list' are a good idea.
In terms of 'saving' the patient record, my understanding was this would
be automatic: as soon as a change occurs (prescription, entry in the
notes, &c) it is sent to the remote database.

Ian