Re: [Gnumed-devel] Main Toolbar design

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Main Toolbar design
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:35:12 +0200

>> Except for that critical moment when I was working in the
>> contact page (where you don't want the patient to be seen),
>> then switched to another desktop for handling the incoming
>> call and then switched back to the contact page. Maybe it's
>> just my whacky brain but I want to see the patient name/age
>> right away.
> Accepted, but then the patient name should actually be displayed in the
> main toolbar,
It is, isn't it ? It will sit in the textbox for selecting
another patient until I do so ?

> as usually you wont have an photo of the patient available
> (at least until it will be stored on every patients medical smartcard).
Agreed, often times here in Germany we won't have a patient
picture available but a) such a picture is immensely useful in
other parts of the world (say remote Thailand) where people
don't always carry very distinctive names and can't always
pinpoint their data of birth very exactly and b) in it's
current incarnation it doesn't eat much space. We might,
however, consider replacing it with a useful icon when not
available. The context menu can still pop up (goto documents,
display/connect family, acquire image, print "Wanted !"
poster, ...).

> By the way - what parts outside the 'patient' page are supposed to
> refer to the current active patient ?
Good question and both easy and hard to answer: All that do
are supposed to, hehe. IOW it's up to you. IOW IF a notebook
plugin provides functionality that regards a singular patient
this patient is going to be the currently selected one.