[Gnumed-devel] Re: FromGTK Developers LIst: Row height sizes in GTK wigi

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FromGTK Developers LIst: Row height sizes in GTK wigits with font changes
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:28:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Ian Haywood wrote:

> The latest version of GTK is [around] 2.0, which has its modern
> fontsystem.  wxPython uses GTK 1.x, which in turn uses the traditional
> (old, stupid, ugly) X windows fontsystem.
I can't imagine that wxPython people should not be very busy to switch to
GTK+ 2.x because it is out for a long time and is so much better than 1.x.
Can only be a matter of time ...

> Writing our own theme is probably the better solution: this is
> how one is supposed to alter the exact appearence of GTK widgets,
> (the alternative is patching wxWindows to access these functions)
So perhaps I guided you into the wrong direction and bothering the wxPython
people for switching to GTK+2.x is the right way to go.

Kind regards

        Andreas.