Re: [Gnumed-devel] test-area/sjtan

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] test-area/sjtan
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:38:56 +1000

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 01:51:41AM +1000, syan tan wrote:
>    add( widgetName, widgetType, weighting,  newLine , defaultFunction
> )  :-    this creates a new widget on the current line. if newLine ==1 ,
> this is the last widget
This is a very good idea, it makes finally writing new interfaces easy

>    finish()  --  builds the previously defined EditArea ,  with a
> EditArea using comboboxes as auto text selection. , buttons for update
> or save,
> and a ListCtrl for editing and browsing.
Can we switch this to Karsten's gmPhraseWheel?

> Comments,  correcting and writing the configuration for the other use
> cases,  or  re-implementation,  please.
My main (well, only, really) problem with this is that it talks directly to
the backend in SQL, instead of through the business objects, but
I think the approach can be adapted without too much effort.

To discuss this, I would like to give my Jabber server a test run.
Jabber conferencing can take place on conference.haywood.bpa.nu
anyone (but especially Syan) is invited to join.

Jabber (the FOSS messaging system) can be downloaded from jabber.org

Ian Haywood

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E