Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself

From: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself
Date: 07 Dec 2003 15:06:14 -0600

Hi Ian!

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 14:20, Ian Haywood wrote:

> FP/OB = GP-obstetrician??

Correct.  Just finished her residency.

> > At this moment the functions she needs most are scheduling and billing.
> There's already a medical billing project (http://www.freeb.org/) which we
> would
> like to integrate.

FreeB is written in, gasp, PERL.  Really a pity that it is not in
Python.  I wonder whether it would be better to rewrite it in Python.

Two reasons not to:

1. reinvent the wheel.
2. too much work while so many other things need work.

Still, I am tempted.  It could be an educational Python coding project.

> Work on scheduling is started but incomplete,  please look at
> gnumed/gnumed/server/sql/gmappoint.sql
> gnumed/drafts/gmScheduleAllDoctorsPnl.py
> .gnumed/drafts/gmScheduleGrid.py

Unfortunately, all CVS (savannah) is offlimits at the time being.  I can
not download anything.

www.gnumed.net has several dead links.  I am willing to help with the
web site.

Ciao,
Enrico

--
Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
<address@hidden>

Email sent from virus immune Linux PC

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against
absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the
sport of every wind.

Thomas Jefferson, 1822