[Gnumed-devel] little project suggestion

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] little project suggestion
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 02:36:41 +0100

Someone wanting to get familiar with the code looking for a
self-contained project, how about this:

Some of us may know the Bronslow tape used in Pediatrics (well,
in the UK anyways :-) You measure the child, allow for some
adjustment according to underweight/normal/obese and off you
read dosages of many commonly needed (emergency) drugs.

I'd imagine a widget where I can type in age and weight at the
top and get a listing of recommended dosages from it. If one
wants to get fancy one could add clearance/gender/other
factors. That'd also be immediately useful. If run standalone
one could just have the user type in age/weight each time
while when running as a plugin one would try to get that from
the GnuMed backend.

If you tell me what you need to store I'll be happy to discuss
and provide the needed backend tables.

Any takers ?