Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed.py hacks

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed.py hacks
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:41:01 +0100

> The above isn't even necessary.  We can have a script called
> gnumed-cvs.sh which is only used for people running from a cvs
> checkout.
OK

> The sh script sets PYTHONPATH and then runs "python
> gnumed.py".
I wouldn't fiddle around with PYTHONPATH, perhaps. Also, I
wouldn't do away with GNUMED_DIR, either. If we didn't have it
we would inevitably find a use case for it pretty soon.

> gnumed.py should be moved to the gnumed/client/ directory,
> instead of inside the wxpython subdir.
Sounds good but: python-common is independant of wxPython, so
is business/. Thus we'd really need something like

gnumed/
-wxclient/
 -gnumed.py
 -gui/
  -notebook-plugins/
  -patient/
-python-common/
-business/

>  The syntax of how the files
> import modules would have to change,
No problem.

> but after that the get_base_dir and
> sys.path.append could all be obsoleted I think.
No, GNUMED_DIR is still useful.

> There was a typo above.  It should have read "Each time you create new
> modules within the client/ directory, you SHOULDN'T have to go into the
> gnumed.py file and add some sys.path.append thing. "
Sure, that was understood.