Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:57:56 -0800

On the issue of client and server software separation (or partial separation) I noticed among instructions for one of the Linux distributions (Red Hat): http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/ gnumed/client/doc/user-manual/redhat.html

2.7.1.1. General
I divided gnumed installation in two parts: client-only and client + server. The division is important because the client install is relatively easier and you can use it to connect to a remote database and play with the screens. As you can tell, the database part is being called the server. Both installs require cvs download of the module "gnumed."

Is it desirable for this approach to be taken for each of the installations, and
Is the CVS about to be reorganized in the next few weeks?
While there may be a temptation to postpone to re-write the installation documents until after the CVS is reorganized, I wonder if the authors of the installation chapters could start writing new drafts sooner. It occurs to me that as they write, they may ask confirmation of changes and the reasons, and may in that way provide some quality assurance to the changes to the CVS.