Re: [Gnumed-devel] subversion

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] subversion
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 02:18:36 -0500

Ian Haywood wrote:

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:43:26 -0500
David Grant <address@hidden> wrote:
Subversion turned 1.0 today. The website is slashdotted right now though: http://subversion.tigris.org/ But it might be working by the time you get this. Any thoughts on switching gnumed to use subversion? I don't know much about it, but I thought there was some talk about this a few months ago during the cvs hell period.
There was, I set up a subversion server on my own machine. It worked well, for me, but no-one else could checkout, I couldn't work out why. (I even connected from my account on gnu.org and did a remote checkout, worked fine), My (and others) impression was subversion was
not ready for prime time.

If you can demonstrate a working server that we can connect to,
it would be c worth considering. It would certainly make it easier to rearrange the directory structure.

Personally I'd like to wait until Gentoo ebuild of subversion 1.0 gets marked "stable". None of the other previous ebuild were marked stable so there must have been some problem. One of the problems might be the fact that it doesn't work with autoconf 2.58 which is the one I have installed. I'm afraid if I remove autoconf 2.58 other packages might fail. We'll see.

--
David J. Grant
M.A.Sc. Candidate in Electrical Engineering