Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Mac OS X easy install - feedback

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Mac OS X easy install - feedback
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:39:31 +1000

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 00:57:57 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > It is possible to host GnuMed installers within TWiki at hherb.com.
> > However the binary is 18Mb compressed, 117Mb uncompressed (I am not
> > sure in which format / size it would exist on the server). What do you
> > think in terms of storage (including backup) and possible traffic
> > implications?
> I think: plain No.
>
> There's a release area for such things at gnu.org.
Ironically because we are an "official" GNU project we are *not* entitled to a
download area
on savannah.gnu.org: we should use the "official" GNU FTP site, ftp.gnu.org. In
the long run this is good as it
pretty much guarantees inclusion into the various Linux distros over time.

However ftp.gnu.org is for finished products only, and in any case has limited
bandwidth.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E