Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 02:00:18 +0200

Hello Ian,

> > I like your SOAP widget. If you add the methods get/set_data()
> > that return/set the data in/from a dict keyed by SOAP parts
> Easy done.
Good !

> In this case we need to agree on a grammar to parse the contents.
>
> word ::=
>       (A-Z a-z)+
>
> header :=
>       "subjective" | "objective" | "assessment" | "plan"
>
> phrase ::=
>       (command) word (" " word)+
>
> command ::=
>       word ":"
>
> phraselist ::=
>       phrase (";" phrase)+
>
> section ::=
>       header ":" phraselist
I would, for now, ignore the COMMAND part and only concern
ourselves with the non-action soap things.

> The SOAP widget would hold a dictionary of matcher objects.
I would propose to have S, O, A, P matcher objects or, in case
instantiation fails, assign Null design pattern instances.

> whenever the cursor moves, it would have to backtrack in the text to find
> what matcher to use,
Is there a way to keep track of which section one is in so we
know which matcher to use ? I would also propose to currently
constrain ourselves to matching single words only, not
entire phrases. Maybe later.

> which can be the "command" within a phrase (e.g. if a phrase starts with
> "prescribe:",
> the matcher is gmDrugMatcher), or failing that,
I would try to keep that possible but do it later.

> a general matcher for each of the four "headers"
Yes.