Re: [Gnumed-devel] Next EMR steps... (ref exporter, wishing tasks)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Next EMR steps... (ref exporter, wishing tasks)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:19:03 +0200

> This is a logical net step IMHO. And definately pre-0.1: what use
> is a medical record application if you can't view the record?
>
> >       ->Vaccs/Lab results/Allergies
> >           -On the right, a text area.
> IMHO should be wxHTML, purely for aesthetic reasons.
True, but the exporter does ASCII as of today so we may leave
outputting HTML for a little later, eg whenever someone gets
around to doing it. IMO we are fine with just text.

A note on conceptual changes likely to appear when reusing the
exporter code: It may morph from being an exporter to being
split into a formatter part and an exporter part. However, the
current "exporter" writes to any object that exposes the Python
file-like API so we are good no matter what.