Re: [Gnumed-devel] switchable layout managers

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] switchable layout managers
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:39:17 +0200

> By insiting on the status quo do you mean leaving the layout as it is right
> now ? Is there anyone who wants this ? Sometimes it's hard to follow this
> discussion.
If I understand things correctly the "status quo" would become
Horst space with notebook plugins only. Alternatively (as in
XOR) one could load the "terry" style layout manager which
would amount to Richard-space - initially I thought this would
be the gmClinical widget moved so it is at the same level as
the notebook (but with the notebook not loaded) but it seems
Ian is promoting a version somewhat different from that - a
notebook on the left and a sidebar on the right. I do not know
whether that's Richard-approved Richard-space or not but,
frankly, Ian is free to do as he pleases in "his" layout
manager.

With Richard-space I mean pretty much exactly what's described
in his design docs. In Horst-space (eg the notebook plugins) I
use at least the functional specs of his docs and stick to the
design where feasible (eg notice how the entire vaccinations
or allergy Richard-space left-hand pane is loaded as a notebook
plugin).

> I thought the plan was to have either tabs or the other layout.
Or "an"other layout. But, yes.