Re: [Gnumed-devel] CVS accounts

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] CVS accounts
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:08:14 +1000

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:48:13 -0700
Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there protection available through a requirement for "administrator"
> level approval that I would lack or, if main trunk write access comes
> with the account,  would I instead "check in" to something like
> test-area/sql/
I'd advised against using test-area too much, it's hard to re-intregrate
with the main trunk,

Instead, run "cvs diff > patch" this will create a patch file, called "patch"
and post this to the list or send it to one of us and we can apply this changes.
> Is "commenting" applicable to the "check-in" phase, or only to the
> "commit"? Does the CVS application prompt for these comments on an
> interactive basis, for each file, at the time of the attempted
> checkin/commit?
It prompts you when you commit (for the whole commit)

Ian
PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E