Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmClinNarrative: some questions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmClinNarrative: some questions
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:26:48 +0200

> >Firstly "is_aoe" and "is_rfe": what does it mean if these flags are
> >true for SOAP lines other han Subjective or Assessment respectively.
> >(i.e how can an Objective comment be a request for encounter?)
> >Would it not be simpler to have 2 more SOAP categories, say "r"
> >for where S is RFE and "e" for AOE (where an assessment is an AOE)
>
> Within a few days of your having posted your simple SOAP widget,
> Karsten proposed that RFE and AOE be added to the widget though did not
> propose a corresponding adjustment to the backend schema.
Because it already allows for it even now.

> His idea might have been that, during parsing,
> - if RFE is empty, set is_rfe to TRUE for that episode-encounter's "S"
> row
> - if AOE is empty, set is_aoe to TRUE for that episode-encounter's "A"
> row
I initially thought we would if need be add RFE labels, eg.
sections. However, I now think we don't need to do that. An
encounter can proceed just fine without a mandatory RFE row.
Usually the RFE will be generated when the patient books the
appointment or checks in at the frontdesk. If there's no RFE of
any value to be had from that (patient states "want to talk to
doctor"), so be it (eg. the RFE is "wants to talk to doctor").

> but I agree it might be cleaner to house any "RFE" text inside a soap
> row where soap_cat=="R" and "AOE" into a soap row where soap_cat=="E".
I am quite uneasy about inventing more categories *there*
because that's an endless loop. Arbitrary classifications can
be done via clin_item_type. However, others may think
differently.