Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics Question de vs au requirments

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics Question de vs au requirments
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:31:39 +0200

Liz,
> Griffith is the township, the name of the central part of the township, and
> the name of the shire.
> So, when speaking with someone from far away (horst) I live in Griffith.
> Speaking with someone who lives in Griffith I live in Beelbangera - but not
> in
> the village itself - as we are 3.5km from the village.
> The surgery is in Griffith, the central part of the township.....
> The separate parts of the town are used like Mockau and Sellerhausen, but the
> villages are geographically separate from the town and used in the address,
> which is where we  started.

so, basically, it all boils down to the following:

No matter what you use in official address labels - put
that into the urb row.

Then we can start thinking about whether we'll need an *extra*
field for defining a type of location smaller than urb but
larger than street (but not postcode). I tend to think Richard
might say yes here while in Germany it wouldn't be necessary.