Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail

From: E Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:42:38 +1000

On Sunday 12 September 2004 11:13, scaredycat wrote:
> >The magnitude of the antibody response induced by the primary vaccination
> > series is predictive of antibody persistence, and a logarithmic decline
> > of antibody levels occurs over time.
>
> Is the halving period related to level of 4 week tested antibody
> response ( why does it have to be 4 weeks postimmunization)? Can that
> relation have a formula (even
> as a predictive formula)? Or action classifier - e.g"100-200 re-test 1
> yr, > 200, re-test 5 yrs"

and one more, which brings us back to a coding bit

"For children and adults whose immune status is normal, booster doses of
vaccine are not recommended, nor is serologic testing to assess antibody
levels necessary. The possible need for booster doses will be assessed as
additional information becomes available. For hemodialysis patients,
vaccine-induced protection may be less complete and may persist only as long
as antibody levels are >=10 mIU/mL. For these patients, the need for booster
doses should be assessed by annual antibody testing, and a booster dose
should be administered when antibody levels decline to <10 mIU/mL. "

If haemodialysis
then check antibody levels
etc.

--
I'm often asked the question, "Do you think there is extraterrestrial intelli-
gence?"  I give the standard arguments -- there are a lot of places out there,