Re: [Gnumed-devel] document control

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] document control
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:37:00 -0400

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 07:19:19PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> I wonder if those should be in doc_med or some table
> *linking* to doc_med - certainly haven't looked at it yet,
Ok, this is probably better
> > we should fold this into a single framework.
> Not without good further thought.

How about this:
create a ancestor table between lab_result and clin_root_item, similarly
for lab_request, which contains the control fields, leaving the
lab-specific stuff in the descendant tables. Then we can have other
descendants, linking to med_doc, for other types of communications.

The advantage is it leaves the columns of lab_result and lab_request
unchanged, and I'm happy to revert gmBlobs.sql, so no alteration to
client code is required.

You can't say fairer than that ;-)

Ian