Re: [Gnumed-devel] help on bootstaping gnumed cvs

From: Alessandro Amici
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] help on bootstaping gnumed cvs
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:39:24 +0200

Karsten,

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 11:23, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > ok, i re-bootstraped the cvs in a more or less reproducible way, here is
> > what i did:
> > $ cd /somepath
> > $ cvs co gnumed
> > # ln -s /somepath/gnumed/gnumed/client
> > /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed # vi /etc/pg_hba.conf   # add at
> > the beginning 'local all all trust' and # 'host all all 127.0.0.1
> > 255.255.255.255 trust'
> > # /etc/init.d/posgresql reload
> > $ cd /somepath/gnumed/gnumed/server/bootstrap
>
> Everything's fine until here.
>
> > $ cp bootstrap-monolithic_core.conf bootstrap-gm_db_system.conf
>
> No. No need for that.

oops! my mistake. i misspelled '--conf-file' as '--conf'. sorry for the
noise :(.

> > # cd /somepath/gnumed/gnumed/server/bootstrap
>
> Yes.
>
> > # ./bootstrap-gm_db_system.py
>
> No.
>
> Use redo-public.sh instead.

i didn't find it in the docs in gnumed/client/doc/ and in the debian install
instructions on the wiki. (i also searched a bit the mailing list)

> > at this point i still get the "The database account [test-doc] is not
> > associated with any staff member known to GnuMed." error for all
> > identities.
>
> Yes, because you never bootstrapped the test data (which
> redo-public.sh does, among other things).
>
> > # su postgres
> > $ psql gnumed < ../sql/test-data/test_data-Leonard_McCoy.sql
>
> which would be the manual version of bootstrapping the test
> data - which redo-public.sh already includes
>
> > i've been not able to do much after log in, but at least i've seen the
> > main window ;-)
>
> well, there isn't really *that* much to "do" yet
>
> > unless i did something very wrong, the following things were very hard to
> > find and definitely need a fix:
> > - the --conf option appears to be broken (you need to cp the .conf file
> > to one of the hardcoded ones)
>
> no, it does work here
>
> > - the bootstrap script should load some test data together with the test
> > accounts
>
> it does but you need to use the right script, eg.
> redo-public.sh

ok. i think i'm up and running now :).

i'm working with Andreas to get the debs back to a working state, in the mean
time an update (also quick and dirty) to the cvs installation instructions on
the user guide will save a lot of time to interested parties.

thanks for the help,
alessandro