Re: [Gnumed-devel] Carlos - Soap2 - design comments

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Carlos - Soap2 - design comments
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:21:54 +0100

Richard,

I hate to have to say this but this new listbook design
appears less polished and less integrated than your previous
design.

I mean, I have always respected the fact that your previous
design always felt well-designed and fitting nicely together
even if I didn't agree with it here or there. I have drawn lots
of ideas from it. I haven't implemented it fully because it is
fairly complicated to do right.

However, this new design does not come particularly close to
those qualities. I mean, look at the wasted screen real estate
in that "HTML navigation link" left-hand pane. If you want
a HTML frontend then write one. Come on. This isn't you.