Re: [Gnumed-devel] using dbconfig-common in gnumed

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] using dbconfig-common in gnumed
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:52:02 -0500

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 11:16:46AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> What makes you think that ? I am not on Debian and I remember
> writing lots of code for the bootstrapper.
Ok, for some reason I thought you were. Well, I accept
bootstrap-gm_db_syztem is here to stay.

Am I correct in thinking this means we would only be partially using
dbconfig-common (presumably
the debconf-using config script config script) and then using its answers to
construct
a .conf file to feed to this script.
Would it be useful to let bootstrap-gm_db_system.py accept its
configuration on stdin? This would avoid creating a password-containing
file.

Andreas, this is now back to a purely packager issue, but is there any way I can
help?

Ian