Re: [Gnumed-devel] re gnu argus postgres port

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re gnu argus postgres port
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:31:17 +1000

Tony Lembke wrote:

> On 18/06/2005, at 11:19 AM, Tim Churches wrote:
>
>> There have been reports on the GPCG list that attempts to import
>> non-HeSA-generated certificates failed, and this was conmfirmed I think
>> by Andrew Shrosbree, the head programmer at Argus. If the GPCG archives
>> were searchable, I could confirm that, but they are not.
>

> Tim,
> HTH, from my archives

Yes, that's it. Seems the person trying to import non-HeSA certificates
into Argus was me...no wonder I recalled it. And Andrew Shrosbree did
confirm that it was not possible.

> It would be fantastic if open-Argus supported GPG keys.

Agree that would be fantastic, but a version of Argus which supported
non-HeSA X.509 PKis would also be good. If teh HIC libraries are based
on OpenSSL, it may be possible to write a thin wrapper around OpenSSL to
 emulate the HIC libraries (which are probably just a thing wrapper
themselves).

> Go Syan!

Yes, go Syan!

Tim C