Re: [Gnumed-devel] new movie showcase

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] new movie showcase
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:36:17 +0200

This movies were requested by someone who wants to use them in a presentation
this weekend. That's why they are in German. Time permitting (remind me end
of October) I can do the English version. Sound won't be added before then I
guess. Unless one of you does it. In the meantime you can look at the
screenshot over at http://www.gnumed.org/screenshots.html to see the English
interface

If one of you is really bored (haha) you can come up with a script for the
movie and put it in the Wiki. I would then follow the script when recording
it next time.

Below some more details on what you can actually see.

On Friday 09 September 2005 08:21, J Busser wrote:
> At 1:50 AM +0200 9/9/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
>
> First movie demonstrates:
> - that when we first arrive, Spock had been the last (i.e. most
> recent) patient found
- correct

>     and displayed are his age of "74y5m" and his allergy "kein
> allergien bekannt"
- means no allergies

>     (why is there a question mark in "Capt? Spock")
- Good question.

> - that the current tab (= plug-in?) is "Handbuch"
>     (what means "Handbuch"?)
- manual. It simply is a snapshot of some wiki pages

> - within the search box, the availability of a "tooltip"
>     (is this invoked by hovering, or is a "click" required?)
- no click required, hover is fine. A single click behind the name (!)
highlights the name completely so you can start typing without deleting the
content of the box. Saves keystroke. A single click inside the name places
the cursor at the specified position in the string so you can edit the name
and search again

> - a search for Kirk input by overtyping into the current Search field value
>     (the Allergy info changes, but Age does not... is that a bug, or
> have they the same age?)
I tested some other names and they have different a different age.

> - a change of tabs to Velaufsnotizen
>     (what means this?)
progress notes

> - entry via keyboard of a SOAP note, including jumping between rows
> as might occur in a real encounter where during the exam the patient
> may provide additional history
> - the known misbehaviour in which the input areas shrink as text is entered
correct. But only on my system. On 2.4 it does not. So we need to clean up the
code for 2.6

> - support within the text for non-alphanumeric non-punctuation
> characters e.g. the "degrees"
> - the user's choice to delay assignment (input) of an Episode name
> (or is it the AOE?) until the end of the visit, mirroring typical
> practice for one may not know until completion of the visit what the
> episode (or is it the AOE?) should be called.
> - saving of the item, which causes it to appear in the left hand
> panel with "(Episode)" appended
>     (why is it "Episode" whereas the item above it is "Grunderkrankung"?
Karsten will explain that.

> Any clarifications to the above may help it be useful if I then copy
> it to the wiki along with a link to the movie.
>
> Additional notes:
> - the movie functioned OK from Safari on a Mac though I did have to
> resize the window to see the bottom, may relate to default Safari
> window sizes on the 17 inch iMac whose native display is 1440 by 900
> pixels
> - in place of watching the movie in real-time (>5 minutes) you can
> wait til it loads and then slide the horizontal scroll's thumb to see
> whatever you want to see.
Holy cow it worked.
--
Sebastian Hilbert