Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed install made easy - maybe

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed install made easy - maybe
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:11:14 +0200

On Saturday 17 September 2005 18:47, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > While we have had some testing on Windows boxes ( 5 reports so far) we
> > have had only a few reports about running GNUmed in Linux. I assume this
> > is due to the fact that currently we neither provide rpm nor debian
> > packages. Or simply because Tim is right and there are far less people
> > running Linux than I think.
>
> Debian packages of 0.1 are nearly finished.  There is just one monor issue
> which I'm sorting out with Karsten.
>
> > GNUmed or not. Again. This is for you end users - not developers. I
> > really appreciated your input. Well maybe there are no endusers on this
> > developer mailing list anyway but who knows.
>
> IMHO an end user should ask a service company to install his box with the
> software he needs (at least for practice management systems).  What you
> have in mind might be some kind of testing / advertising for end users.
>
> Kind regards
Maybe you are right. Sounds good to me but that doesn't mean it make much
sense. Sure one could and should hire a professional to install GNUmed. It's
just my quest for users which makes me dream of the world's easiest
installer. Fortunately you, Tim and Karsten bring me back to earth in no
time.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hilbert