Re: [Gnumed-devel] When will GNUmed be ready (was Eureka! - ?found the e

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] When will GNUmed be ready (was Eureka! - ?found the error gnuMed running now)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:12:32 +0100

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 10:55:17PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> I wonder whether something downloadable as a PDF, and formatted as a
> "tri-fold" brochure could help (especially at conferences).
Definitely !  Can we have what you got linked from the Wiki
as PDF ?

> I mocked
> up the attachments at the following site and "printed" each side to
> PDF (did not know how to merge them into a single PDF so just
> re-saved each as a PNG).
I really like those ! Wish we had them at LinuxWorldExpo.

Let's have some black-and-white ones of the same kind which
can be printed on the cheap. That way we can decide whether
to hand out the expensive glossy version or the no-BS bw
one. Another nice thing to have is a cheap A6 or A5 facts
sheet to kind of sow among the people liberally.

> That site alternatively permits publishing a "flyer" format which
> might nicely hold what is on WhatCanIActuallyDOWithGnumedToday.

I think there's need for two versions of "each". One for the
innocent bystander who displays a passing interest for the
project. That one needs to answer "what is this", "why would
I want this" plus a *few* pointers. The other is more
concrete and enlarges the pointers/data points part and
shortens the what/why part.

> If we value multilingual advocacy and documentation, I wonder if we
> should give further thought to mediawiki at some point in the not too
> distant future (maybe around version 0.3 ?).
Sure, why not ?  I hear nearly only good things of it.