Re: [Gnumed-devel] right time to market OSS ?

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] right time to market OSS ?
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:47:17 +0100

On Monday 20 March 2006 21:37, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
A little bit off topic but I have come to the conclusion it is never too early
to tell the world about your program.

Just recently I presented GNotary at the Linuxdays in Chemnitz, Germany. While
GNotary is not at all complete or ready I met a guy from an Austrian medical
research facility who was looking for something exactly like GNotary. We
exchanged som emails an GNotary is not close to becoming part of their
concept. This project will last at least until 2009. While I will get no
money from it OSS made its way into the project and kept commercial players
out for now. That way no taxes were wasted and no bias was introduced.

Why do I tell you this? Becuase I think going to conferences and telling
people about GNUmed is something that should be done. Some people you simply
will not meet through the net but through conferences.
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany