Re: [Gnumed-devel] experiments with gnumed - multiusers vnc, importing a

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] experiments with gnumed - multiusers vnc, importing an au emr
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:34:27 +0200

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 09:52:58AM +1000, address@hidden wrote:

> I need to de-identify it;
Sure.

> options include nx server, dvd sent by mail,
> publish somewhere with 50 mb spare,
If you encrypt it with my GPG key and put it up for
download that'd be easiest for me.

> BTW - besides the  names (of patients and doctors),  it's a good idea to
> remap
> the suburbs and the street numbers , and possibly the street names too. Any
> other things should be remapped to make it a good deidentification ?
Names and addresses should suffice, I suppose. Also,
anything one would store in demographics.ext_id would need
to be de-identified.

I have on occasions *shuffled* name parts and address parts
such that no single part stays identical to the source. That
way I didn't have to make up any data.

> The downside is that the big records get lost in the names; maybe there should
> be a custom function that calculates the size of the emr record, and can be
> accessed by identity id,
You mean like this ?

        select count(*) from clin.encounter where fk_patient = X;
        select count(*) from clin.episode where fk_patient = X;
        select count(*) from clin.v_pat_items where fk_patient = X;
        select count(*) from blobs.doc_med where fk_patient = X;

Not bad an idea but the count()s will eat quite some time.
It should be accessible on-demand, though.