Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on 0.2.......................

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on 0.2.......................
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:21:05 +0200

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 02:07:32PM +1000, Richard wrote:

> I've just noticed that despite having removed the gnumed
> database, and run what I thought to be the install script from scratch
> (redo-v2.sh), that when I run gnumed from gm-0_2-from-cvs.sh  it says that
> the gnumed database structure I'm using is not compatible with the client.
No, that's fine as long as we haven't released -- and it
says so in the dialog box.

On startup the client is actively checking the database
structure. If it doesn't match what it thinks it should be
it will warn you of that fact. In a released version, the
client *will* know what the database should be like and
hence will only warn if it does not. This is to make people
aware they might be accessing the wrong database and in any
case the started client will not interact safely with that
database.

We haven't made significant changes to the 0.2 database
schema in quite some time so, yes, it does stabilize in that
regard. 0.3 will have to be different yet again, though.

> Perhaps I've been absent so long, I"m running the wrong files to build/run
> the
> database from scratch.
No, you are fine.