Re: [Gnumed-devel] a requirement for appointments

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] a requirement for appointments
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:20:23 +0800

occasionally you need to see what's happening to a patient who you have only seen once

or twice for , so you don't remember their name, but you remember their age, and the

condition you saw them for , and you know they were seen about x days ago, and

they are in the appointments history.  You could specifically search for them if you

have an easily searchable emr system, using something like a query by example,

( it might be difficult to expect users to search using SQL),  but a convenient way

to find them is to browse back on the appointment books, and see their age and

the diagnosis they were seen for , in order to find them.

On Wed Jun 21 2:21 , Sebastian Hilbert sent:

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 02:09, Syan Tan wrote:
> appointments that have been seen should be viewable with the age of the
> patient and the decided diagnosis , in order for backtracking and followup
> in the appointments columns. this is in addition to actively marking the
> patient for followup during the consultation because sometimes you think
> back, and wonder why the patient wasn't marked for follow up.
What do you mean by 'appointments that have been seen' ? Some sort of
nightly 'patient seen list'

I can follow you that sometimes we wonder why patient wasn't scheduled for
follow up. But how do we detect those. Only when the patient comes in without
an appointment instead of a follow up appointment.

How does the decided daignosis and age of the patient aid you in understanding
why the patient hasn't been marked for follow up ?

Just curious about the context you see this in.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany