[Gnumed-devel] what happened to the GNUmed developers ?

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] what happened to the GNUmed developers ?
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:52:40 +0100

Hi all,

While updating cvsmonitor.gnumed.de which is supposed to keep you upto date on
GNUmed happenings (code wise) I took a look at the stats and I am suprised
and disappointed at the same time.

stats for 2005
http://cvsmonitor.gnumed.de/cvsmonitor.pl?cmd=viewBrowseYear&module=GNUmed.GNUmed&year=2005

and stats for 2006
http://cvsmonitor.gnumed.de/cvsmonitor.pl?cmd=viewBrowseYear&module=GNUmed.GNUmed&year=2006

Wow. Commit rate not just dropped but pretty much dropped in terms of
commiters.

Now what does that tell me.
Obviously we lost developers or at least active commiters.

Strange since documentation increased in content and quality. development
process is more transparent then ever. usable releases have increased.
Supported platforms have increased. Business and personal contacts have
increased. Installation is easier than ever before.

I get the feeling more potential users tried it judging by downloads and
reports.

Still community building seems to have failed.

What's your take on this?

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany