Re: [Gnumed-devel] Telemedicine application (using gnumed?)

From: Stefano Piazza
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Telemedicine application (using gnumed?)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:55:45 +0200

Cool: iPath seems to be really near to what I was searhing for!! :)

The little ivorian clinic has 6h/week of a reliable satellitar
internet connection, while the phone connection often doesn't works,
so I like very much the idea of Karsten of interfacing GNUmed and
iPath for getting a working application also when internet is down.

Now I'm going to test iPath a little to better understand his
functionalities and then I will contact you later for further
questions.

Thank you all and "a presto",
Ste

On 6/5/07, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm developing an application for an easy internet teleconsulting
> between a little pediatric clinic in a rural area of Ivory Coast, and
> an hospital in italy.
>
> It must allow ivorian's doctors to easily adquire and exchange
> patient's clinical data with italian's one, to ask for case-related
> impressions and suggestion, to eventually comment images and so on.

GNUmed does indeed allow doctors to capture clinical data
including images but it doesn't support exchange over
slow/unreliable (rural ?) links out-of-the-box. If I
properly understand iPath it allows for that. We might write
an interface between GNUmed and iPath to get the best of
both worlds.