Re: [Gnumed-devel] Navigation in allergy manager

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Navigation in allergy manager
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:25:22 +0200

Hello Ruthard,

> I finally got gnomed 0.2.5.1 (wrecked my database, so it took a while...)

we try to not forget previous reports, so ...

> The allergy manager is fine.
>
> I miss a "close" button, of course th x in the upper right corner works as
> well, but its good usage to have a "close" button.
The dialog can be closed with the Cancel button. If we don't
have a button with wx.ID_CANCEL wie cannot close the dialog
with the ESC-key shortcut. Having two buttons Close *and*
Cancel seems kind of pointless.

We can't fake a Close button with an ID of the Cancel button
because that would require us to use a *custom* button which
will reap us of the benefit of having stock buttons with
pretty icons which people clamored for on this list.

> Is there any reason to label the "cancel" button "dismiss"? Most english
> programs I know stick to "cancel".
See above. It's Cancel now.

> Navigating by the TAB key the radio buttons "allergy" and "sensitivity",
It can now be reached but cannot be exited via tab, still.
This seems due to a limitation of wxPython itself - nothing
much we can do about it other than waiting for a bug fix. At
least I didn't find any workaround on the web. Yes, I did
try MoveAfterInTabOrder().

> as
> well as the buttuns "save", "clear", "delete" and "dismiss" cannot be
> reached;
They can be reached now - if the checkbox Definite has focus
via Tab or else via Shift-Tab if the topmost Date Noted
textctrl is in focus.

> The buttons, check boxes, and radio buttons have no hotkeys - would be
> useful while typing.
They now do :-)