[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed deb lacks postgresql dependency

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed deb lacks postgresql dependency
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:50:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, TheForkOfJustice wrote:

I've noticed that the deb in the Ubuntu repos did not install postgresql
when installed.

Could you please be a little bit more verbose what you mean with
"the deb in the Ubuntu repos"?  I don't know whether GNUmed is available
for Ubuntu or if you instaleld the Debian package which is only available
(for the moment) for the client.  This client does not need a postgresql
dependency - just a postgresql Python adapter (python-psycopg2).  The
rationale is that the server does not necessarily run on the same machine
and thus the client has no PostgreSQL dependency.

Shouldn't this be a suggest (or recommend)?

I think not.  Once the GNUmed server package is ready this has a
clear depends.

I also humbly request the v0.2.7 Ubuntu deb.

You might try the Debian package.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--