Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed deb lacks postgresql dependency

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed deb lacks postgresql dependency
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:22:00 +0200

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 08:17:14PM -0300, TheForkOfJustice wrote:

> I've noticed that the deb in the Ubuntu repos did not install postgresql
> when installed.
>
> Shouldn't this be a suggest (or recommend)?
No, for the reasons Andreas explained in another mail.

OTOH, if you just want to test the client w/o bothering to
set up a server you can use our public database at
salaam.homeunix.com. There should be an option to select
that server right in the login dialog.

This link may help, too:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/server/bootstrap/dh-install_gnumed_server.sh?root=gnumed&content-type=text/plain

Download it, make it executable, and run it (as root). Which
should, if all goes well, result in a v7 database on your
machine.

> I also humbly request the v0.2.7 Ubuntu deb.
Filing a "new-upstream-available" bug against the
existing Ubuntu package may help.