Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: Jim Busser, from Windows client 0.2.8.1 came u

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: Jim Busser, from Windows client 0.2.8.1 came up *before* even GUI login screen
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:03:40 -0800

On 9-Jan-08, at 8:35 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

2008-01-08 21:34:11 [DATA] (C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Gnumed \pycommon\gmCLI.py:address@hidden): command line arguments: {'-- conf-file': 'C:\\Program'}
OK, it doesn't like the space in /Program Files/

You will have to enclosed the path after --conf-file= with
double quotes. The Windows installer should be upgraded to
do that.

Maybe this is related to something I had found before (back in v 0.1x) that users ... may need to edit (right-mouse-click "Edit") the GNUmed "batch" file and replace two occurrences of Programme to PROGRA~1. Save the changes, and try the Start menu item again.

... I may need to briefly revert the wiki comment

"versions 0.2.6 and higher should work on Windows without further modifications"
        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideWinEn

:-)