Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lab importing Re: Bootstrap of (test) lab data

From: Dave Cramer
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lab importing Re: Bootstrap of (test) lab data
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 06:49:34 -0500

- document how to setup Mirth on Debian/testing in general
 - beyond what is documented already elsewhere
 - content might go to our Wiki under, say LegacyAppConfiguration

- obtain sample hl7 data from Jim

- make Mirth pickup those file from a directory

- make Mirth "properly display" those files

- match hl7 content to target (GNUmed) database fields
 - once you have a list of which data I can fairly
   easily match them up and add necessary fields

Excuse me if this is a really naive question, but won't the hl7 data be different for every lab ?

- use Mirth facilities to map hl7 data into GNUmed fields

- document the above setup in the Wiki

- export the Mirth channel for inclusion in our CVS
Certainly we can export the channels,but if my assumption above is correct then there are a number of channels required, no ?

Finally, as I eluded to in a previous message, it appears that the "scripting" is ECMA javascript. Is this desirable ? Mirth seems like an awful lot of infrastructure to take an hl7 file and parse it to put it into your database ?

Dave

And I will see how I go. I may have a lot more questions as I go
as I am not that familiar with the GNUMed codebase.
No problem.