Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ....

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ....
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:48:14 +1100

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:46:24 pm James Busser wrote:

Mirth is conceptually fabulous, but I don't think from my understanding it is
designed in anyway to display the HL7, it is simply a 'black box', to channel
and manipulate hl7 in any way you want. Of course it lets you put sample
files in to help design your queries, and allows you do to all sorts of
checking/forwarding etc.

I've found the beta 1.7 a little unstable as well.

Your software will still have to do the ultimate displaying, however the
transformer, properly configured will save the appropriate records to
postgres or your chosen database.

I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Richard