Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed server rpm available

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed server rpm available
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:39:53 -0800

On 27-Jan-08, at 6:22 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Yesterday I had a nice surprise in my email inbox. Paul Grinberg from
PCLinuxOS contacted us with a the announcement that he had built a server rpm
which provides a painless setup of the GNUmed server backend.

Wow. We now have the full end to end solution available for users. All it
takes is:

'zypper install gnumed-client gnumed-server'

Some questions:
1) this rpm is hosted somewhere and would need to be downloaded, I presume? 2) is 'zypper" for openSUSE and if this is calling a "modified rpm" where does that live?
3) what do the above do? Do they
- install GNUmed's dependencies including Postgres onto a server?
- do they configure Postgres in the way required so that manual configuration is not needed?
- anything else?