Re: [Gnumed-devel] customization docs

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] customization docs
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 17:16:55 +0200

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 02:24:20PM +0200, Gour wrote:

> Karsten> Well, it depends on at what level you want to modify GNUmed.
>
> For instance, I'd like to add few fields for 'patient' record and
> therefore would need ability to define some custom-fields for it.

Well, we'd just need to know which fields and figure out
where they'd fit in the logical structure of the EMR.

> Moreover, there is no need (in our case) to have e.g. 'Allergies' in EMR,
As far as allergies go the don't take up any screen real
estate that cannot be reused another way. Just don't record
any. They don't get in your way.

> or we would like to customize 'Encounter' form etc.
There is no encounter "form". The encounter is a fixed
structural element which holds

- type
- start
- end
- time zone of above (only used internally)
- location (unused so far)
- reason for ...
- assessment of ...

This is a generic "encounter" which is intended to fit any
and all healthcare encounters.

Recording additional data should be done by other means,
say, associated tables (which would need to created in the
backend).

It'll help if you tell us exactly what you'd like to record
in addition and I should be able to tell you how and where
to fit it in.

> Karsten> Within GNUmed there are the "GNUmed > Options" and "Office >
> Karsten> Master Data" menus.
>
> There is no 'Master Data' menu in LiveCD version.

True enough, it only exists in the 0.3-to-be version.